Saturday, January 7, 2012

Get out your Grater!!! Low Carb Zucchini Pancakes for Dinner.

My Mom and I are very careful these days with our diet and after we shared a Pizza by Doctor Oetker(the one with the Funghi) , we were still kind of hungry.

Pizza is not really "dinner" when you are Italian and actually, if it were not the fact that I am only half Italian, well, I couldn't really get away with actually serving a baked frozen pizza.

I am sure it is one of the cardinal sins. Pizza is more like a snack. I recently started Weight Watchers because it is the one method of weight loss I had never tried. I had 8 points left, what’s a girl to do?

I made these awesome pancakes that are only 3 points a serving. I have no idea what that is in “Dog Calories” but my Mom (pickiest eater on earth next to my niece) well she LOVED them.

So here is the recipe…..

Ingredients



2 medium uncooked zucchini, coarsely grated

1/2 small uncooked onion(s), coarsely grated

1/3 cup(s) dried plain bread crumbs

2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

2 Tbsp pine nuts, finely chopped

1 large egg(s)

1 large egg white(s)

1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste

1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Instructions

Stir together all ingredients; mix well.

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. Spoon batter into skillet to form 3-inch pancakes. Fry on each side until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter. Yields 2 pancakes per serving.


Here are two of my favourite "picky" eaters xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment